Lemon Rosemary Hummus Baked Chicken with Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
Springtime is almost coming to a close and what’s a better way to celebrate the end of this hot and humid season than with our Lemon Rosemary Hummus!
Today we are baking chicken with it and it’s so easy it hurts! All you need is hummus, chicken breast and salt and pepper! In the end you will have perfectly juicy chicken breast with a creamy warm hummus “sauce.” We’ve paired with our favorite green veggie, Asparagus!
3 tbsp Lemon Rosemary Hummus
2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch thick Asparagus
1/4 freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Rosemary Hummus Baked Chicken Directions:
1. Arrange a oven for 2 racks and preheat to 450°F.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Dry the chicken on all sides with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the hummus over each chicken breast (we like to slather it so divvy it up evenly), spreading it into a thin layer until each breast is evenly and completely coated.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
6. Turn the oven to broil and broil the chicken until the hummus is dry to the touch and browned, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.Cut off the ends of the asparagus and toss with olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
3. Cook asparagus for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4. Once cooked to your desired doneness remove asparagus and turn the oven to broil. Sprinkle cheese over the asparagus while keeping the stalks close to each other.
5. Broil for 3 minutes or until brown and bubbly, serve immediately.